Mid-Jackson is a host to the Mississippi Child Care Resource and Referral Network (MSCCR&R). MSCCR&R (offered through the Mississippi State University Extension Service) supports early care and education professionals, parents, children, and community members seeking information about quality child care. With 13 resource centers located across the state, Mid-Jackson is pleased to host the first and only MSCCR&R located within a community. The following are services available through the Mid-Jackson MSCCR&R:
- Training & Technical Assistance – The MSCCR&R Network provides a systematic approach to the training and career building of early care and education providers emphasizing the Early Learning Guidelines for birth to four year old children through training workshops. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available upon request.
- Resource Centers – Parents, early care and education providers, and community members are provided the opportunity to use children’s literature, puppets, art boxes, educational media, curriculum materials, and other learning resources through a “lending library” process.
- The Referral Process – The MSCCR&R Network maintains a database of information about all licensed childcare centers to help families locate childcare providers in their area based on each family’s needs and interest.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential Online – People seeking professional development can obtain a variety of online childcare professional training courses.
- Workforce Development – The MSCCR&R Network provides opportunities for community college coursework toward a Child Development Technology degree (AA) and or the CDA credential.
For more information on the Mid-Jackson Family Resource Center contact Tiffany Nash at (601) 965-8000.